April 26, 2013

Some cameras age better than we do

Here are a few photos of my 1969 Leica M4. I photographed these with my Pentax K-30 and the SMC-A F/1.4 50mm lens. The lighting was direct sunlight with a diffuser to soften things up a bit. I wanted to use this bright lighting to clearly show every blemish and the overall patina of this camera.

Even with this strong light, it was hard to show the scratches on the baseplate in my first image so I added another image of my holding the camera at an angle that better shows the bright marks and blemishes on the baseplate.

Another image shows the only damage to the Vulcanite cover which is right next to the post or lug used to clip the baseplate to the body before closing it.


























































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment